Monday, July 7, 2008

Mercer Mayer

but first i found chris in a target add

it started out like any other add...


mmhmm there is model ok nothing new....


oh look 1$ off tide!....




then BAM, chris? what the heck, get out of the add.




here't goes

Im here in the basement and I heard a weird noise, like someone knocked something over and im scared like a little boy. My parents are upstairs and im down here without a phone. Should’ve known to go to bed before 1:32, but im still scared of you.

Should I go check it out? Should I run upstairs? Is it something worth crying about? Will my parents wipe away the tears? Will I be welcomed to their sanctuary and cuddle up to mom? Or will I stay down here and wonder what else could go wrong?

Is there a monster in my closet, is there a baker under my bed? Is that a tail or just a twisted shadow formed in my head…..

Oh, and I have so many questions I don’t know how to explain. Could it be there are no answers for these supernatural mysteries? Is it all in good faith or is it for the birds in the trees?

Ohhhhh, is there a monster in my closet, is there a baker under my bed? Is that a tail or just a twisted shadow formed in my head…..?

So I keep staring at the ceiling, will it solve the problem? And im closing my eyes because I need a good dream tonight. And I slip beneath the covers, cause its like im invisible. No poka-dotted beast can see me now. My blankets are my comfort, my castle, my fortress.

With my flashlight in my dark cave, im sitting it out, all through the night. Im hoping it’s a nightmare, so by faith im watching for….the blink out the window across my room, here, the light of dawn im longing for…

Is there a monster in my closet; is there a baker under my bed? Is that a tail or just a twisted shadow formed in my head…..

Its been a while since I heard the eerie sound. Should I make a mad dash and try to turn the light on? I’m wondering is it safe and sound? Is there a nightmare waiting to claw my ankles, or is it gone…..

5 comments:

Kalee said...

You'd think my husband would tell me he was a model! I want to know where all the money is! I love your song! As usual, I'd like to hear it with music. It seems pretty sweet though! love you

Anonymous said...

Well I was going to tell everyone, but "male model" just didn't sounds as cool as cashier at Winco. So there you have it, I'm a male model.

IT'S MER-MAN!

TJ Ware said...

So when will you be recording your songs? Oh, and if your scared of monsters turn on your light or get a night light!!!

Anonymous said...

thanks guys!

Unknown said...

Hey Jordan,
Thanks for taking care of our pets and home while we were away. Dasha misses you already, and still misses Silas. See you soon.